Our last IMPA CAST episode in March featured interviews with four of the women who are at the forefront of our initiatives at IMPA, including our very own CEO Susan Koefoed. With that episode, we wanted to do our part in raising awareness on International Women’s Day about women’s achievements in an industry that is historically male-dominated. For the episode’s introduction, we felt there was no better choice than bringing onboard the one and only Lena Göthberg, a well-known diversity champion in shipping and a fellow podcaster.
Things, however, got a bit out of hand, and that is because Lena’s story was a great one and our interviewer wanted to find out more and more about her journey and thoughts on how we can tackle the issue of lack of diversity in shipping. Fast forward a bit, we realised Lena’s interview deserved its own spot in the IMPA CAST, not as an introduction to another episode, but as a stand-alone feature that further brings diversity in the public debate.
Many thanks to Lena for allowing Jasmine to not only take a peek into her professional journey in shipping, but also pick her brains about why diversity is an issue and how we can bring about gender parity once and for all.
Join the conversation below – let us know what you think should be done to move the gender equality agenda further and why you think this is an important issue.
MEET OUR HOST AND GUESTS:
- Jasmine Schestak, IMPA Head of Sustainability and Programme Management (Host)
- Lena Göthberg, Executive Producer of the Shipping Podcast, Founder of GIGS by Lena G
Resources MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Shipping Podcast: https://shippingpodcast.com/
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA): https://wistainternational.com/
- WISTA International Pledge for Inclusion of Women in the Shipping Industry: https://wistainternational.com/pledge/